Mon-Sat: 8.00 am - 8.00 pm
Australia is proud of the quality of its education and training. In the past 10 years, more than 10 lakh students from overseas have studied in Australia. Students from all around the world have long made Australia their education destination. Latest Enrolment data for 2007 reflects that over 437,000 international students drawn from more than 217 different countries were undertaking an Australian qualification in Australia. These students chose an Australian education for a number of reasons: its reputation for excellence and world-wide recognition: the safety and stability of the Australian society; Australi's enviable standard of living – one of the highest in the world; and Australia's multicultural community which helps international students feel at home.
WORK OPPORTUNITY IN AUSTRALIA
WORKING WHILE STUDYING
- You and your dependent family members will have permission to work automatically included with your visa. Further information on the conditions that apply to working while studying is available
- You can work a maximum of 40 hours per fortnight when your course is in session and unlimited hours when your course is not in session. You cannot undertake work until you have started your course in Australia.
- Work that is a formal registered part of your course is not included in the limit of 40 hours per fortnight. If you are doing voluntary or unpaid work it is included in the limit of 40 hours per fortnight. A fortnight begins on any Monday and ends on the second following Sunday. Dependent family can work a maximum of 40 hours per fortnight throughout the year. A week begins on any Monday and ends on the second following Sunday.
- Family members of students enrolled in Masters by coursework (subclass 500) can work unlimited hours when the student starts their main course.
- Family members cannot undertake work until you have started your course in Australia.
- You must also comply with the state and territory laws of Australia. Under all state and territory laws, you cannot work during school hours if you are under the school leaving age, which in most states is 15 years
Colleges List of Australia
Covid-19 Canada Updates
- The COVID-19 vaccination will be free for all Medicare-eligible Australians and all visa-holders, including student visa holders (subclass 500).
- International students could be allowed back into Australia as early as July with the federal government confirming it will consider an exemption to the travel ban
- The Government recommence granting student visas in all locations lodged outside Australia. This means when borders re-open, students will already have visas and be able to make arrangements to travel
- Current student visa holders studying online outside Australia due to COVID-19 will be able to use that study to count towards the Australian study requirement for a post-study work visa
- Up till now an international student needed to be present onshore for 16 months to be eligible for PSW. However, now authorities have permitted online studies, as long as the student holds a student visa and meeting other conditions.